ED: This is a fantastic dish to have while you’re cuddled up on the couch on a cold winter day or, rainy day in our case. It’s a really thick and hearty soup with chunks of bread and you could also add other ingredients in it like lentils, kidney beans, bacon, capsicum etc. I love this dish so much cause it’s so comforting it tucks me into bed.
Tuscan Tomato Soup
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- chicken/veal/beef stock
- 1/2 onion cut into big dices
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 pork sausages (or any type)
- 1 tbs shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of bread cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- chili powder
- 1 tbs parsley leafs
- Saute sausages in extra virgin olive oil till lightly browned, add onions and sweat, add garlic.
- Add the whole can of tomatoes, bread, and top up with stock till it just covers the ingredients.
- Add cheese and season with salt, pepper, chili powder and sugar. Simmer for about 20 minutes till soup thickens. Add parsley and taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Garnish with olive oil, cheese and parsley. Serve with grilled cheese toast.
Sleep tight (: