ED: Sorry I’ve been MIA for more than a week! I’ve got every foodie’s WORST nightmare, yes WISDOM TOOTH EXTRACTION followed by a week of fever and tonsillitis infection D: So I pretty much ate white porridge everyday. Time for some REAL food. I made a the simplest eggs benedict. Which prolly would taste exactly the same, but 10 times easier to make cause instead of poaching the egg, I just bake the whole damn thing. Like a dirty cheater (: Now guys who wanna impress partners in bed, as in, with breakfast of course, pay attention.
- 3 Brioch/ 3Thickly Sliced Bread/ 6 Slices Normal Or Raisin Bread(which ever you like)
- 3Egg, and 1 Egg Yolk (for hollandaise sauce)
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- Mozzeralla Cheese
- 9 slices Parma ham/6 slices Bacon
- Salt, Pepper
- Toast the bread once first for about 2-3 minutes till its slightly crusty while melting the butter.
- Once butter has melted skim the foamy milk(scum) off the butter and spoon onto the toasted bread.
- To make Hollandaise Sauce, separate a yolk from an egg and add to a mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour the melted butter to the egg yolk a little at a time while whisking till all the butter and yolk emulsified(combined) in your hollandaise sauce. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place Bread on tray and using the parma ham/bacon create a “nest” to contain the egg like in the picture above.
- Crack an egg into a bowl and slowly pour it into the “nest”. Top with mozzeralla cheese and spoon a tbl spoon of Hollandaise Sauce over.
- Toast/bake for 4-5 mins till the cheese melts or till ham/bacon is slightly browned.
- Serve with lemon wedge and sauteed mushrooms with garlic or tomatoes, garnish with chopped chives.