ED: It’s a lazy Saturday afternoon after a night of havoc and you gotta cook lunch for the family. This is a pretty good choice. Spicy, salty, delicious, and so easy to cook with simple ingredients that would be easily available in your nearby super-marts. It literally takes you 15 minutes to finish this dish that’s how easy. I love this dish served with crispy juicy lettuces to balance the spiciness but i didn’t have any at home. So white rice is a good alternative.
Serves 4 people
- 300g minced pork
- 1 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- pinch of white pepper
- 2 tsp chopped garlic/ 2 clove garlic
- 2-3 chili padi (sliced length wise or chopped if you like it hot)
- 1 green chili sliced
- 2 lime leaves bruised
- 1 inch of sliced lemon grass
- small handful of spring onion
- small handful of Thai basil
- small splash of fish sauce (careful with it its really salty)
- 1/2 tbs sugar/brown sugar
- 2 tbs water
- Mix all ingredients for the minced pork together using a spoon till combined.
- Heat pan with veg oil on med-low heat and saute chili padi, lime leaves and lemon grass till fragrant.
- Add garlic and green chili and saute till fragrant. Add in the pork and break it up with your spatula. Turn heat to high and toss till pork is greyish brown and cooked and add fish sauce and water. Add spring onion and Thai basil.
- Serve with iceberg lettuce or rice.