Back in cooking school and even in secondary school, potato was my middle nick name. People would call me KANTANG! So naturally i make a mean potato salad. There are a hundred thousand gisellion types of potato salads. Because potato is such a versatile ingredient due to its neutral taste, you can have it with almost anything. tangy mustard, nutmeg, melted butter and herbs, sour cream and chives, beetroot, anchovies and capers, Cajun, or the simplest mayonnaise dressing which is what I’m gonna teach you to prepare! :p
- 1 Red Potato
- 1 Blue Potato
- 1 Yellow Potato
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbs Bacon Oil (Optional Or You Could Add Bacon)
- 2 tbs Spring Onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water with skin on for about 10-12 minutes or until tender but not falling apart.
- (Add the yellow potato a minute before the rest as it takes longest to cook) Drain and let them cool in ice water.
- When potatoes are cool peel them and dice them into cubes. Add to a mixing bowl and add mayonnaise, bacon oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and spring onions.
- Wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes till cold to serve. Serves as good side for grilled or cold meats.