Rach: Ok, so you want to please your lover by whipping up a storm in the kitchen, but cooking isn’t exactly your expertise. No worries, do not panic. If you can cook some instant noodles, you can certainly do this! Just a couple of heating up and mixing and tadahhh~ This is such a romantic sexy dessert. Easy to make and pretty to look at!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 teaspoon gelatin
- 3 tablespoon cold water
1. Combine heavy cream and sugar in a saucepan. On medium heat, stir until sugar dissolves. (Do not let it come to a boil)
2. Add in vanilla extract, mix and take saucepan off the heat.
3. In a medium bowl, add the cold water, and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
4. Heat up the saucepan again slightly. Once the cream is warm again, pour it into the medium size bowl.
5. Stir to dissolve the gelatin.
6. Prepare 4-6 custard cups, oil them slightly with vegetable cooking oil. And pour in the mixture.
7. Chill them for about 2-4 hours.
*Remember not to bring your cream to a boil, just warm it. If not, the mixture will split, and you’ll have the fat/oil rising to the top. Nonono… we do not want that.
For the mixed berries syrup/sauce, you can use strawberries, blueberries or raspberries. 1 punnet each should be more than enough.
1. Place berries in a saucepan and on low-medium heat. If the berries aren’t as sweet as you want them to be, add in some sugar to taste.
2. Squeeze in some lemon juice. Mash up the berries to get the juices.
3. Add in a dash of red or white wine.
4. Once it looks like jam, take it off the heat and let it cool.
And there you have it!
I hope everything turns out well if you’re using our recipes for your special Valentine’s day meal!
Remember, it’s the thought that counts!
Happy Valentine’s Day you all!