ED: “Directions. In the center of the soup, pour 1 tsp of beetroot juice and 1 tbsp of love. Stir 2 times clockwise and once anti-clockwise and whisper these words (love me please) each time you stir. Drink 1 soup bowl per serving. Excessive consumption may cause incurable love sickness.”
Have the guy or girl of your dreams drink this and watch as they fall helplessly in love with you~ See sparks fly and fireworks ignite this Valentines Day by preparing a Valentines Day meal for that special someone ❤
- 3/4 cup Cauliflower (cut to small pieces)
- 3/4 cup Small Potatoes (diced)
- 1/2 White Onion (sliced)
- 1 heap tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 80ml White Wine
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 150ml Whipping Cream
- 1 tbs Unsalted Butter
- 1 Beetroot (Preferably canned)
- Salt & White Pepper
- If using raw beetroot, boil it in a pot of water till tender.
- In a pot sweat the onions and garlic over low heat till fragrant. Add potatoes and cauliflower.
- Turn heat to high and add bay leaf and 2 thyme sprigs whole. Add wine to deglaze pot and cook till there’s no smell of alcohol.
- Add chicken stock till it just covers the potatoes and cauliflower. Bring to a boil and turn to low heat to simmer for 25 minutes till potatoes and cauliflower are soft.
- Test the beetroot with a small knife by poking through it, if it goes through easy its cooked. Cool it in water and trim the skin off with a knife. Dice it into cubes.In a small pot add a 30ml of water and diced beetroot and simmer in low heat. Season with pinch of salt and 1 tsp of sugar.
- Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf and blend the soup in a blender till smooth. Strain in with a sieve into a pot and add cream and season with salt pepper.
- To serve spoon cream and beetroot extract around soup and garnish with parsley.
*If using canned beetroot just use the beetroot liquid.
*If you’re not confident with how much salt to add, add a pinch at a time to adjust the saltiness to your taste. A small pinch of pepper would do.
*Remember to taste the soup before serving.