“Golden Lake Fry Lice”
Wu Shifu: Harro everybuddy! Todayyy! Edmund wan to tits youu HOW to make a varry… De-ri-cious fryy lice~ Mhmmmm! The smell sooo nice and the taste SO good! Very easy to make!
- Rice (left over rice)
- Oyster mushrooms (Diced)
- Leek (fine sliced)
- Chinese sausage/ “lap cheong” (sliced)
- Eggs (beaten with light soya sauce)
- Crab meat (cooked & shredded)
- Hwa tiao jio – Chinese cooking wine (splash)
- Fish sauce (splash)
- Sesame oil (splash)
- Grounded white pepper (to taste)
*Usually 2 eggs per serving
- Spring onions (finely sliced)
- Wolf berries
- Crab meat (extra)
- Start by preparing all the ingredients. For chinese stir fries, ingredients are always prepared in advanced cause of the fast pace of cooking due to the high heat used. Beat the eggs and cut the ingredients.
- Heat the wok till very hot to season* the wok, add oil and turn off heat.
- Sweat garlic and leek. Turn on heat to medium high and add mushrooms and sausage.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in eggs and scramble. Add rice and toss till rice is coated with egg, add hwa tiao jio, fish sauce sesame oil and pepper, high heat and toss to combine.
- To finish, add half portion of crab meat, wolf berries and springs onions and toss.
- To serve, garnish with remaining half.
*To season the wok means to heat it till its hot to prevent food from sticking to the wok.