ED: Christmas! The best time of the year where everyone was busy shopping for gifts and groceries, preparing for thanks giving dinner like myself. To me, there is no dinner party more delightful than one with a chilly Christmas air stringed with carols, and the house filled with pretty candles as friends and family gather around the dining to appreciate the sight of a Christmas dinner feast. I prepared a homely seven dish spread that would surely bring joy to the world. (:
I love a great Caesar salad. I haven’t met anyone from this planet who hates Caesar salad, who would seriously? Its like the ultimate salad of salty satisfaction. Every mouthful hits the big red yummy button in my brain that sends me into a eating frenzy that wouldn’t stop till there’s no salad left. The refreshing crunch from the romaine, the saltiness from the Parmesan cheese, anchovies, gherkins and bacon which also gives that crispy contrast, are perfect together they’re like best friends playing in a pool of mayonnaise! I love it so much I’m gonna share this recipe with you guys you’ll be delighted how easy it is to make such a kick ass-salad!
(Add amount to your own liking)
- Boiled egg
- Toasted bacon
- Toasted croutons
- Grated/shaved Parmesan cheese
(Add to taste)
- Chopped anchovies
- Chopped gherkins
- Chopped garlic
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Splash of LP sauce
- Black pepper
- Start by boiling the egg and toasting the bacon till crispy. Meanwhile wash the romaine picking out any bad leafs and cut them into bite size pieces and refrigerate.
- Next, chop some garlic, gherkins and anchovies. Dice the bacon and egg.
- In bowl, spoon some mayonnaise. Add in the gherkins, anchovies (take care not to over add gherkins and anchovies as they’re really salty), garlic, Parmesan cheese and a splash of LP sauce and a crack of black pepper. Mix to combine and refrigerate.
- Toss salad evenly and add condiments.